Waters Choice Blog
Waters Choice Blog
As we all know, there are some important rules to follow if you want to keep your hot tub running in optimal condition. There’s cleaning that needs to take place daily if possible by circulating the water. There’s weekly filter cleanings that should be done, and there’s drain and cleans that should occur as well. Part of filling your spa back up with new water includes adding new spa treatment too. In order for your spa to be as clean as possible and to operate without interruption, you should look into balancing your water as best as you can. Here are some tips for balancing the water in your hot tub.
The first item that you will want to focus on is the pH level. The pH level should be between 7.2 and 7.8. Grab some test strips HERE. Once you’ve tested your water, the instructions that come with the test strips will inform you on how you can adjust your water to get it into that perfect range.
The next item to look at is alkalinity. For this level, you should be aiming between 80 to 120 parts per million (ppm). This is very similar to the previous step. Simply talk to your local dealer or order some test strips online and follow the instructions as necessary. This will ensure your spa’s alkalinity level is in that sweet spot.
Once your water is balanced, you will want to check the hardness of your water in order to avoid corrosion and foaming. Once again, test strips work best here. Calcium levels will differ depending on the source of your water, but you’re looking to get the levels between 100 and 250 ppm. Simply add more calcium to increase to desired levels, or add scale control to decrease to get under 250 ppm.
The last step is adding your chlorine. The levels that you are shooting for here are 3 to 5 ppm. You will want to check your chlorine levels at least once a week, but more often wouldn’t hurt. Keeping your hot tub sanitized is an important step that should not be overlooked.
If you are able to follow all of these steps, your hot tub will treat you with endless soaks in your future. The water will remain clean, and you and your friends can enjoy the wonderful benefits of owning your own hot tub. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your local dealer and they can fill you in on any confusing details.
As we celebrate Thanksgiving Day this month with loved ones, fully enjoy the day and take it all in. However, it is important to give thanks every day of the year, and not just on holidays. Find below Seven Simple Tips to Make Every Day Thanksgiving by Arvind Devalia.
Thanksgiving Day will be gone all too soon, but there is no reason why you cannot continue the spirit of Thanksgiving all year round. If you would like to read more from this amazing author, follow the link! http://www.arvinddevalia.com/blog/
The fall season is nearly upon us, and that means it is the perfect time to throw an incredible hot tub party with your friends. A hot tub party is the perfect way to spend any crisp fall night, and your guests will have a blast. However, there are some things to consider when throwing a party in your spa to make sure it goes smoothly. Here are some important tips for throwing an amazing hot tub party!
1) Make sure your spa is clean and properly maintained- The first thing you need to do when deciding to throw a hot tub party is to make sure your spa is properly prepared for guests. The last thing you want to do is have guests show up, and realize your hot tub is dirty and not suitable for soaking in. Make sure to properly balance the pH level of the water, remove all debris, and add the right amount of sanitizer to make sure it is ready to go.
2) Prepare the guest list- One important thing to remember about a hot tub party is that you have limited room in the spa, so make sure you do not invite too many people. A huge damper on your spa party can be having guests unable to enjoy the spa, and simply sitting on the deck. Make sure to properly plan out who to invite to your get together, and make sure each guest is fun to be around. Don’t invite people that will bring down the group’s good time.
3) Plan out food and beverages- A good hot tub party definitely needs snacks and drinks! Plan to have some great food available for your guests, and make sure everyone has enough beverages to have fun. Make sure to have some water bottles, non-alcoholic drinks, and if you are serving alcohol, remember that sitting in hot water can cause alcohol to affect the body more rapidly.
4) Prepare non hot tub related activities- Chances are people will not be able to spend the entire length of the gathering in the hot water, so make sure you have some backup activities ready. Also, make sure to provide extra towels and swimsuits just in case guests show up unprepared.
5) Entertainment- A hot tub party should definitely have some background music, and make sure you select songs that are right for the setting. If it is just a few friends gathered for some conversation, pick softer music. If you are planning an all out party then play some dance songs. Be prepared! Another good option for entertainment is to bring the TV outside and have movie night in the tub, or play the game while comfortably soaking! Have fun with it.
When it comes to hot tubs, most of our knowledge consists of ways to keep them properly maintained. We love helping people learn how to keep their spas clean, fresh, and properly balanced. However, in today’s blog entry, we thought we might share a different kind of hot tub knowledge. Here are some Hot Tub Fun Facts You Probably Haven’t Heard Before
1) In 2012, the Guinness Book of World Records confirmed a new record of the most internationally represented spa in history. This hot tub had 26 different individuals, from 26 different countries, all soaking at the same time. The total would have been even higher, but many representatives were turned away because the tub was too full.
2) Hot tubs are popular across the globe. Estimated figures suggest that there are currently over 25 million functioning hot tubs in use around the world. Additionally, at any given time, it is estimated that 17,000 people are currently sitting in a hot tub. That is a lot of relaxation!
3) Hot tubs are fantastic for reducing stress, and improving health. It has been shown in different studies that soaking in the hot tub for 15 minutes every day for a week can help reduce the stress hormone cortisone by over 10 percent in the body. This stress hormone can wreak havoc on your long term health, so get to soaking!
4) Hot tubs aren’t anywhere close to a new trend. People have been soaking in hot tubs for centuries, and early tubs were heated with hot stones. Additionally, people flocked from miles away to a place called Bath in England, just to bathe in their hot springs. These hot springs were first discovered by the Romans as early as 50 AD!
5) People love to party in hot tubs. It is estimated that over 40,000 Champagne bottles are popped inside of hot tubs every single year.
6) Two brothers that were originally aircraft machinists invented the jets used in hot tubs. The Jacuzzi brothers applied their knowledge of airplanes to make jets to keep hot tub water circling. This invention became hugely popular, and this is why the most popular hot tub company is still called, Jacuzzi.
We hope you enjoyed these Hot Tub Fun Facts You Probably Haven’t Heard Before. Hot tubs are great for many things, and have a long, rich, and interesting history. If you would like to learn more about how to properly maintain your hot tub or pool, contact us today!