Waters Choice Blog
Waters Choice Blog
Do you have a hot tub? Do you want one but you are afraid of the upkeep and maintenance that may come with it? Water care doesn’t have to prevent anyone from getting and thoroughly enjoying a hot tub and the benefits that come with it. Are you looking for a natural hot tub chemical?
The super-simple startup kit at Waters Choice includes everything needed to start up and take care of a hot tub, all in one box! It includes Waters Choice 12 oz Spa Water Polish, 20 oz pH Up, 20 oz pH Down, 16 oz Sanitizer, and 50 test strips. With this simple, easy to use and convenient kit, there is no more of the aggravation that comes with countless chemicals that you are afraid to use incorrectly and complicated upkeep that often overwhelms hot tub owners or potential hot tub owners.
The start up kit by Waters Choice simplifies hot tub maintenance and lets hot tub users relax in their spas instead of becoming frustrated with them.
With our safe, non-toxic alternative pool and spa treatment that uses natural enzymes, you can experience a clean, safe and harm free experience with no more chlorine smell or dry skin from your hot tub or pool! But don’t let the health benefits fool you, Waters Choice products still work just as well for keeping your pool or spa sparkling clean.
We also have bacteria and phosphate test strips, and all of our products aim to conserve time by cutting out the extra time consuming maintenance, saving money by cutting out extra product and chemical costs and reduce the amounts of repairs needed as the products are less harsh.
Enjoy the benefits of your spa without the complicated water maintenance schedule and high cost of care. Take the confusion and stress out of taking care of your spa and switch to Waters Choice to be amazed at the power of enzymes!
Hot tubs are awesome, aren’t they? There are some obvious benefits like how relaxing they are, or how social they can be depending on what we want to use them for. There is however, a lot of not as well known benefits to using a hot tub. These positive benefits can help with our overall physical and mental health.
Did you know that by soaking in a hot tub, you can decrease your blood sugar level as well as your blood pressure? The warm water helps your body enter a relaxed state and with the added heat, your blood circulates better. By raising the overall temperature of your body, your blood vessels are able to better dilate.
Soaking in a hot tub can also help relieve arthritis pain. The warmer water creates a perfect environment to heal from aches and pains. At the same time, exercising in water is a lot easier on your body than exercising out of water. This makes movement easier which encourages you to work out joints and muscles which would normally cause you pain.
e already covered the obvious fact that hot tubs can be relaxing, but did you know that there are long term relaxation impacts to soaking often? By putting yourself into a combination of hot water and weightlessness you can reduce your overall physical and mental stress. Also, don’t forget about those jets! They have been known to decrease anxiety and put people into an even more relaxed state of mind.
Having trouble sleeping at night? Hot tubs have been known to help with problems like insomnia and other sleep related issues. Sleeping the appropriate number of hours each night and a hot tub has another thing in common, your skin! Stress and anxiety are major causes of looking aged. Luckily, hot tubs reduce stress and anxiety to allow you to get a better night’s sleep which then keeps your skin looking great.
Nothing quite beats relaxing in a hot tub after a long day. Whether you enjoy sitting your hot tub by yourself listening to some soothing music, or enjoying a nice glass of wine with your significant other, the benefits are now a little more apparent. Most importantly, make sure to enjoy your time on this planet because we only get one!
Not everyone uses their hot tub in the winter (Hard for me to understand but I know they have their reasons). For those not interested in using their hot tub during the winter, we recommend hiring a professional because any water remaining in pipes or equipment can freeze causing extensive damage. Here are some suggestions to make sure your hot tub is in great working order when you are ready to return to the hot water after the winter is over.
Make sure all electrical components are turned off, including the heater- Any electronic equipment that is left on for an extended amount of time can be damaged by the cold weather or lack of use. Do a quick scan to make sure all of the equipment is shut off for the season.
Open all jets and control valves before draining the tub- You will need to drain your tub before leaving it for the winter, so make sure you do a quick check and open all of your jets and control valves before you start the draining process.
Clear the plumbing lines by turning on the blowers- Plumbing lines that are not cleared can be damaged if they are left for long periods of time in the winter. Sometimes, water left in plumbing lines can be frozen and cause an expansion and break the line completely. Make sure all of the plumbing lines are completely clear if you are not going to use it in the winter.
Clean and dry the shell- Make sure your shell is completely cleaned and dried before you pack up your hot tub for the winter. Leftover water from cleaning can be a problem, so be thourough with the drying process.
Put your cover on and secure it- You will want to make sure that your hot tub is covered during the winter season, so as to keep out rain, snow, and other debris from piling up and causing damage. Also, make sure to secure your cover tightly because those winter storms can get windy!
If you decide not to keep your hot tub usable during the winter season, make sure to follow these important wintering tips! This will help to make sure your hot tub is ready to go in the spring when winter is over. Do you use your hot tub year round or only during a specific season? We would love to know! Also, contact us today if you want to learn more about how to properly maintain your hot tub.
Posted by Laura Macauley at December 20, 2016 3:59 am | No Comments »
Labels: best hot tub supplies, best hot tub tips, Hot Tub Chemicals Online, hot tub in the Winter, hot tub supplies, hot tub supplies online, Hot Tub Treatment, hot tub treatments, natural hot tub chemicals, supplies for the hot tub, useful hot tub tips, winter hot tub help, winter hot tub tips, winterizing your hot tub
The holidays are quickly approaching. Soon family and friends will be gathering to share good times and make wonderful new memories. Holidays are always hectic. Relieve stress with a hot tub using Waters Choice enzymes. Soaking in water can aid in stress relief due to the warm temperatures and the ambiance of a moving body of water relaxing the mind and the central nervous system. The hot water also increases circulation, which relaxes muscles and can lower blood pressure through the dilation of blood vessels that occurs. Increasing your body temperature can also help with insomnia by raising the body’s core temperature, which then drops quickly after the spa. When soaking in a hot spa, the last thing you want is to be soaking in harsh spa chemicals. With the Waters Choice system, there are no harsh spa chemicals to potentially irritate your skin. Why not indulge this holiday season by using Aromatherapy to enhance your winter soak? We have five varieties to help you relax, unwind, and soothe aching muscles and joints. Eat, drink, and be merry knowing Waters Choice can make your holidays less stressful.
The Christmas Season is officially here, and that means fun time with family, Christmas carols, delicious food, and some fantastic holiday themed movies! One of the best ways to spend an evening during the winter, is to set up your television in front of the hot tub, and watch a fantastic Christmas movie while enjoying a relaxing soak. You can make your favorite holiday treats and beverages, then spend a fun evening with your loved ones during the movie. If you need some help deciding what movie to watch, here are 4 great suggestions for Christmas movies to watch from your hot tub!
1) “It’s a Wonderful Life” (1946) This all-time classic is an amazing film to watch with your loved ones during the holidays! This incredible movie is extremely uplifting, and is filled with holiday spirit. If you are looking for a great Christmas film that has a fantastic message, it is very hard to beat this one.
2) “A Christmas Story” (1983) Nothing can quite make me laugh during the holidays like this movie. This hilarious film features a boy’s quest for his dream Christmas gift, and shows the hilarious antics of his average working class family and friends. If you want to watch a film with a little bit of Christmas spirit, and a lot of humor during the winter season, this is a great place to start!
3) “Home Alone” (1990) This comedy is about a young boy that was accidentally left behind by his family when they went on a Christmas vacation. He spends the majority of the film defending his home from burglars by using some ingenious traps. Home Alone is a great Christmas movie for the whole family, and everyone will enjoy this hilarious thriller.
4) “Die Hard” (1988) While it can be argued that this film isn’t really a Christmas movie, and is more just an action film that takes place around the holidays, it definitely still belongs on the list. This thrilling action film is about an off-duty police officer that happens to be inside a Christmas party when it is taken over by terrorists. If you are looking for an exciting way to spend an evening, make sure to choose “Die Hard”.
These are only a few of the great selections you can make for watching Christmas movies in the hot tub! If you are looking for a fun and relaxing way to enjoy the holiday season, a hot tub movie is a great idea! If you would like to learn more about properly maintaining your spa, contact us today!
Can you feel the change in the weather? The brisk, cool tinge in the morning air? Fall is my favorite time of year and at the same time I do my least favorite thing – change the water in my hot tub. Waters Choice recommends changing the water in your hot tub only once a year. This is great news since most other water care systems say you should drain and clean your hot tub every 3 to 4 months and even more if it’s used often. It’s a good idea to drain your spa right before it’s time to add your Waters Choice so you don’t waste any enzymes.
What to do when you’re ready to drain your spa:
Now you’re ready to go! Your hot tub will function better and have fewer issues now that it has been thoroughly cleaned out. You can now look forward to another great year of hot tub enjoyment.
Posted by Laura Macauley at September 20, 2016 1:22 pm | No Comments »
Labels: All Natural Hot Tub Chemicals, best hot tub cleaner, Best Purge Product, best spa cleaner, clear and drain, Hot Tub Chemicals, hot tub cleaner, natural hot tub chemicals, natural hot tub cleaner, purge product, spa cleaner
Our backyards are an amazing place to enjoy warm summer evenings. Having a few friends over for a pool party can lead to some of the most memorable and fun evenings. While these parties are always fun no matter how simple, there are some key upgrades you can make to your pool and backyard to take these gatherings to the next level. Here are 5 Backyard Pool Upgrades perfect for relaxation and party spot.
1) Pool slide- While this upgrade may seem more fun for kids, I guarantee your adult guests will enjoy it as well. There is just something ageless about a water slide. A well made slide is the perfect thing to take your pool party to the next level, and your guests will have a blast.
2) Fire pit or torches- Pool parties are always better when you utilize fire. There is something so natural and fun about sitting around a bonfire, or utilizing torches for their natural light. These fire features will help take your party from fun to amazing. Always make sure you follow all safety procedures when using fire to assure a fun and injury free evening.
3) LED lighting- Don’t just settle for white lights in and around the pool! Spice the evening up with some different colored lights. There are tons of options for adding different colored lights into your pool system. Additionally, you can add lights around your yard to take the ambiance up a notch. Make sure to check out several different options for colors, patterns, and even dancing lights!
4) Poolside bar- Cocktails are always a fantastic way to add some flair to a night around the pool, but going inside when wet is not optimal. The solution is to have a fully stocked bar already outside with you. If you are feeling really ambitious, you can even create your own bar area inside the pool!
5) Water fountains and features- Adding a waterfall, fountain, or other dazzling water feature is a great way to spruce up your yard. You will love the relaxing atmosphere these devices create, and they really give your yard a more elegant feel.
We all love gatherings around the pool, and these great upgrades are simple and effective for improving your yard’s atmosphere. If you would like to learn more about how to properly maintain your pool, and create a more relaxing and natural feel in your water, contact us today!
Posted by Laura Macauley at April 26, 2016 1:39 pm | No Comments »
Labels: Best Hot Tub Products, Healthy Hot Tub Chemicals Online, Healthy Hot Tub Pool Chemicals, Healthy Hot Tub Products, Healthy Purge Products, natural hot tub chemicals, Natural Hot Tub Products, Purchase Enzymes Online, Purge Online, Purse Products Online
Much of our childhoods and adult lives are spent close to swimming pools. Whether you are going for a dip, enjoying a poolside BBQ, at a pool party, or simply lounging by the pool on a sunny day, people spend a great deal of time in and by pools. It is only natural that we pick up certain knowledge about pools as we grow up. However, much of what the average person believes about swimming pools is actually false. Here are 4 common myths about swimming pools.
1) A strong chemical smell means a cleaner pool- If you are heading to the swimming pool and smell a strong chemical smell, people typically think that is a good sign as there is an ample amount of chlorine in the water. However, this is not true. What you are smelling is not the chlorine itself, but actually the chemical reaction chlorine has with contaminants. Sweat, dirt, fecal matter, and other contaminants create a strong smell when they interact with chlorine, so a strong smelling pool actually indicates that there is a higher amount of contaminants in the water.
2) You must wait 1 hour after eating to safely swim- This myth is extremely common, and revolves around the idea of digestion causing a cramp and leading to drowning. However, there is no evidence that correlates eating with an increased danger while swimming. Always make sure to monitor children, and follow safety protocols while swimming, but there is no need to wait after eating.
3) Clear water is clean water- Many people believe that if a pool is very clear that it must be clean. However, there are a great deal of microorganisms that can be contaminating the pool without being seen. Always follow proper water maintenance procedures, and keep pools at a healthy pH level regardless of how the clean the water may look. A pool can seem healthy, but actually be very unhealthy which is why testing the pH balance regularly is crucial.
4) Chlorine turns hair green- Many people believe that the chemical chlorine in swimming pools is to blame for the slight green tint swimming can give to hair.However, this has been proven untrue.
Swimming is an extremely popular activity, and it is natural for information and misinformation to be spread over time. We hope you enjoyed the debunking of these popular myths, and can help spread the truth in the future. To learn more about proper pool maintenance, contact us today!
Posted by Laura Macauley at April 6, 2016 3:27 pm | No Comments »
Labels: 4 Common Swimming Pool Myths, Affordable Pool Chemicals, Best Natural Pool Chemicals Online, Best Pool Chemicals, Chemical Free Pool Supplies, healthy pool chemicals, natural hot tub chemicals, natural pool chemicals, organic pool chemicals, Owning A Pool, Pool Chemicals, pool chemicals online, Pool Myths, pool supplies, pool supplies online, Purchase Pool Chemicals
Swimming is the perfect summer activity. It is fun, good exercise, and keeps you cool. Most of us have been swimming for a long time, and we know a lot about this activity and swimming pools. However, here are 10 Swimming fun facts about swimming that you might not already know!
1) An hour of intense swimming can burn well over 600 calories. Swimming helps you burn more calories than biking or walking.
2) Ancient Egyptian drawings have shown that humans were swimming for recreation and sport as early as 2500 BC.
3) The first ocean liner to include a swimming pool on board was the Titanic.
4) In Arizona, an uncovered pool can lose up to 25,000 gallons of water a year due to evaporation from the extreme heat.
5) The most popular swimming pool game in the USA is “Marco Polo”.
6) California has the most swimming pools of any US state with over 3 million.
7) The first swim fins were invented by Benjamin Franklin when he was only 11 years old.
8) Swimming was first introduced as an Olympic event in 1896.
9) It is estimated that there are nearly 10.5 million swimming pools in the United States.
10) The first recorded indoor swimming pool was built in England in 1862.
We all love swimming, and we hope you enjoyed these fun facts about one of our nation’s favorite activities. If you would like to learn more about how to properly maintain your pool or spa, contact us today!
Posted by Laura Macauley at March 1, 2016 1:08 pm | No Comments »
Labels: All Natural Hot Tub Chemicals, All Natural Pool Chemicals, All Natural Pool Supplies, Best Water supplies online, Hot Tub Water Supplies, Hot Tub Water Supplies Online, natural hot tub chemicals, organic hot tub chemicals, Organic Spa Chemicals, Pool Water Supplies, Swimming Water Supplies
In part 1 of this entry, we discussed the history, effects on the body, and a brief overview of the water massage practice called Hydrotherapy. This great health boosting technique is practiced worldwide in hospitals and treatment centers, but it can also be done in the comfort of any hot tub you have access to. In this entry about hydrotherapy, we will go over the benefits, and provide a quick how-to guide to effectively practice this life changing technique.
First of all, let’s go over some of the key benefits to your health provided by hydrotherapy. If done correctly, water massage loosens muscles, assists relaxation, boosts the immune system to fight off illnesses, assists the body in digesting more effectively, hydrates cells, assists detoxification with improved circulation, increases the efficiency of internal organs with a boosted blood supply, and many more important functions. These effects on the body are monumental for one’s health, and can help reduce the impact of arthritis, colds and flus, depression, headaches, muscle problems, joint issues, nerve disorders, stomach issues, stress, insomnia, and many more common problems.
Now that we know the incredible benefits of hydrotherapy, it is time to learn how to correctly practice it. The first step in properly conducting a hydrotherapy session is to determine your goal for that soak. If you are wanting to relax, and take advantage of stress relieving and sleep inducing hydrotherapy, it is usually effective to turn the jets on high and set the temperature to about 93-97 degrees fahrenheit. Using deep breathing and meditation techniques during this relaxing soak will help prime you to unwind. If your goal is to help reduce muscle tension, aches and pains then setting it between 98-104 degrees with the jets on high is the way to go. Adding stretching and therapy exercises can also help increase the positive effects on your body. Finally, if you are trying to reduce muscle soreness, inflammation and injuries to joints then make sure to do a cold soak with the temperature at its lowest setting , and the jets turned high. If you really want a strong effect, you can even add ice to your soak (make sure you stay at a safe temperature and that your hot tub is equipped to deal with this low temperature).
Hydrotherapy is an amazing tool to increase your overall health, and make you feel amazing. Your very own hot tub can help you experience the powerful benefits of hydrotherapy through water massage. Don’t forget that Waters Choice will help your water feel clean and refreshing to take your hydrotherapy sessions to even greater heights!